Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Twilight!

Twilight!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Twilight Close Reading

I'm starting a new series of blogs, while I reread The Twilight Saga, for the fourth time! It's called, Twilight Close Reading. I will write a summary of each chapter, and write a little something about the text. So here goes nothing!

❦Chapter 1 First Sight❦
Pgs. 3-28

Summary: We are first introduced to Bella Swan when she is at the airport with her mom. She travels to rainy Forks, Wa to live with her dad. She receives a new/old red Chevy pick-up truck and encounters her first day at Forks High and sees & learns about the Cullens, A very abnormal family that interests her.

When I first started reading this book I thought this was going to be a horribly cliche vampire book. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it (boy, was I wrong!) But I was still open minded. I had received Twilight for my 14th birthday on April 18th, 2007. It then sat on my shelf until September when I decided to start and read it. When I did start it, I was a little shocked that Bella wasn't the cookie cutter damsel in distress. I read the pages very mel'lifluently and after the first three pages I was devoured by it. It gripped and warped my imagination, and a little movie screen was playing in my mind. The fact that Forks was a real town was amazing. It was then that the great gravity of Twilight began to pull me in...

No comments:

Post a Comment