Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Twilight!

Twilight!

Friday, August 13, 2010

My Post Breaking Dawn Poem!

On Storywrite I wrote a poem that is about a vampire running through the woods. Enjoy!

A Sea Of Green

As I was running I could see everything. The moss on each and every tree, the forest floor with all the old crinkled leaves, each hair on a scurrying mouse. I could also hear everything. The crickets, a night owl, the wings of a fire fly. Why did I have these immense senses? I was a vampire, merely going for a run at night. To get away from all the drama that a quarter vampire, quarter human, and quarter were - wolf baby could cause.1

The forest was at it's darkest, a inky green and black veil enveloping the night sky. No moon was out tonight, just the stars. I could even see the big dipper through the thick bushels of pine and spruce. I was very peaceful and happy hear. The smells distracted me from all my unwanted feelings; I focused on each one. The damp ground and fungus that grew on the forest floor. The pitch and pine of the millions of trees that surrounded me. And the blood of a passing opossum. Even though all the nocturnal animals were out, they seemed to flee for cover when I passed with my speed.2

I climbed up into a pine, feeling the needles lightly caress my skin, as I climbed higher and higher. Sap stuck to my hands and I brushed it off on a cracked and aged piece of bark. Small twigs and bits of leaves stuck to my hair, but I didn't care. I was in the peaceful realm of the sea of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment